My lower back has decided to fuck with me in a whole new way. I have had problems with my left side for 20 years but now my right side has decided to join the party.
This is a brand-new area flaring. It affects my right side from lower back and down my leg to my now-tingling toes. My left side is in a small flare, too, so I have had to finally resort to using a cane. Good thing I purchased one last year.
I am in great pain, pain I haven't felt in years - since the first time my left side went through the same thing 20 years ago. I can barely walk because gravity kills me. I shuffle like your great-great-grandmother.
I wouldn't go to work tomorrow but I HAVE to go because timesheets are due and no one else is there in the morning to take responsibility for the task. I think I will probably go to work, get the timesheets done (which entails ME walking almost the entire campus unless I can get the student assistant to do exactly what is needed correctly), then limp back home.
No, I didn't do anything to kick-start it - it just appeared while I was lying down Friday night like I do every night to relieve my body after a long day at work. One moment I was fine, next moment, pain was shooting through my lower spine and sides of my butt. No, I hadn't moved right before the pain started. This is the life of someone with arthritis flares - unpredictable.
I can manage it a bit by pressing on the right side of my butt, which helps when start coughing. I can usually manage my coughing to keep from tearing out my chest but I can't stop the cough from traumatizing my lower back - it hurts like hell. Pushing on a point in my butt helps cut the pain some. It's one of those accupressure points.
The good news - Tuesday I go in for my first Enbril injection (learning how to give them to myself) so I should have some relief, hopefully relatively quickly.
I guess I have been 'blessed' with this flare so the medication will have something to 'kill'. That's how I look at it.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*